Grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations
The code requires that local authorities must publish details of all grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations. This can be achieved by either:
- Tagging and hence specifically identifying transactions which relate to voluntary, community or social enterprise organisations within published data on expenditure over £500 or published procurement information, or
- By publishing a separate list or register
For each identified grant, the following information must be published as a minimum:
- Date the grant was awarded
- Time period for which the grant has been given
- Local authority department which has awarded the grant
- Beneficiary’s registration number (where applicable)
- Summary of the purpose of the grant
All Grant information is published on the Town Council website, and all payments are shown on a quarterly basis.
Youth Street Grants are awarded annually in Decembers Finance and General Purpose meeting.
Community Grants are awarded annually in Septembers Finance and General Purpose meeting.
Any subsequent awards are reported as delegated actions at the following committee cycle.
Further to the above; East Grinstead Town Council makes an annual grant to some community organisations. These organisations are referred to on page 10 and 11 of the 2020/2021 budget book.