Armorial Bearings – the Town Crest
The Crest or Coat of Arms was bestowed to the East Grinstead Town Council following Local Government reorganisation in 1974 (having formerly been the crest of the Urban District Council).
The use of the Coat of Arms (in full or part) can be approved by the Town Council, however this is not readily given and any request must be made, stating the case for the use, to the Town Council to consider. Use of the Coat of Arms in full or part without permission is prohibited*.
*Manchester CC v Manchester Palace of Varieties Ltd (1955)