Coronavirus (Covid-19): Latest information and advice about coronavirus please click here. For information from East Grinstead Town Council, click here.

Where your money goes

11 March 2020

If you’re interested in how your council tax will be spent over the coming financial year, you can find out more in our online council tax leaflet.  

Our new agreed budget means council tax will rise in April by 1.99% – plus an additional 2% for adult social care – making a total increase of 3.99%.

This puts the County Council element of an average band D council tax bill at £1,438.74 – or just under £4 per day. This is an increase of around £1 per week compared to last year’s bill.

You council tax makes up 32% of our day-to-day revenue spending. For every pound you give us we spend 35p on adults and health, 26p on education and children’s services, and 16p on environment, highways and infrastructure.

If you’re interested in our budget and where we’re investing money you can find out more in our recent news item.

X