Last chance to respond to 2019 electoral canvass

1 September 2019

Mid Sussex District Council is urging residents that have not already responded to the 2019 electoral canvass to do so as a priority.

By law, every resident in Mid Sussex must register, whether or not they intend to vote at future elections.  So far over 72% of households have responded, a tremendous return, but it’s vital that the other 28% respond now. Final reminders have been sent to the remaining properties and doorstep canvassers are preparing to make personal visits if a response has not been received.

It is a legal requirement that every household either confirms or updates the details for their home and doing so could not be easier, with the option to respond online, over the phone and even by SMS text message. To date 65% of responses have come through digital channels.

Tom Clark, Electoral Registration Officer for Mid Sussex said:

“We want to help the residents of Mid Sussex to have their say, maintain their credit rating and ensure they do not miss out on the opportunity to vote. Registering to vote only takes a few minutes but really is important. Elections can be held at short notice”.

For more information about registering to vote or elections contact the Mid Sussex District Council Electoral Services team by emailing elections@midsussex.gov.uk or calling 01444 477003.

X