Welcome to East Grinstead
Welcome to East Grinstead Town Council’s web site. The site has three objectives. Firstly, it aims to inform about the role, organisation and decisions of the Town Council; secondly, to provide contact details and a timetable of meetings and thirdly to publish the latest news and comment about issues facing the Town and its Council.
- Christmas Lights - East Grinstead Town Council would like to thank all the businesses who contributed towards the Christmas lights on Railway Approach and the lower part of London Road. We very much appreciate working with these businesses as we continue to expand the Town Council’s commitment to the town’s Christmas lights displays. We are looking forward to repeating this year’s success that included using innovative solar-powered technology.
- Town Mayor - EAST Grinstead’s town mayor is Cllr Nick Hodges who has chosen CRY and the Town Museum as the charities for his term in office.
His deputy is Cllr Dick Sweatman, and Cllr Rex Whittaker is the Council Leader.
Read more about the new Mayor here.
- ShopWatch - The retail businesses of East Grinstead are now able to join “ShopWatch”; a group that shares intelligence and information about issues for businesses such as shoplifting, theft, anti social behaviour.
Read more about the ShopWatch scheme here.
- East Court Circular - THE East Court Circular is a new monthly list of the events and clubs held at the East Court premises.
Copies are available from the Tourist Desk in the library and the Town Council’s East Court offices or click here.
- The Line - PUBLISHED four times a year, The Line is the Town Council's newsletter and is delivered to 14,642 homes home in East Grinstead and is available pick up points in the library and at the Town Council’s East Court offices.
The Autumn/Winter 2015 edition is out now and can be downloaded here.
- Neighbourhood Plan – WITH the emerging Localism Bill, our Town will be able to influence greatly how our community develops now and in the future, through what is known as a Neighbourhood Plan.
Read more about the Town Council's plans.