Sports Development Group (Sports Council)
The Sports Development Group were set up by the Town Council for all sports clubs to come together and share good ideas, best practice and how sports can be developed across the town. East Grinstead is fortunate in that it has a plethora of top quality varied sporting clubs. All clubs and groups are invited to attend the meeting (and if you are new or have not come across the group before, just come along and make yourself known, you are welcome to attend).
The group meet quarterly to receive an update on what is going on in groups, opportunities for grants, advice and how to access this. The meeting is currently chaired by a Town Councillor however this is a meeting facilitated by the Town Council and is there for the clubs and groups to get something out of this and voice any concerns or needs. The Town and District Council both send officers who can help signpost to bodies who may be able to help resolve a problem. Sometimes the groups can help each other out. This is networking, advice, help and camaraderie, but so much more.
- East Grinstead Sports Development and Facilities Plan for 2011
- Weir Wood Sailing Club presentation
- NGBs & Sport Governance in UK
- Presentation from Wave Leisure Trust
Sports Development Group
Those of you that tried to join our virtual Sports Council meeting on Wednesday will know that the Zoom Meeting Code I have been using recently had unfortunately life expired and we had to postpone. I apologise for any inconvenience that may have caused. – Bob Shelley
Our next East Grinstead Sports Council meeting will be on Wednesday 14th July at 7.30pm and we shall be using the Zoom platform.
Our agenda will again focus on the safe and measured return to local sport and physical activity in our community.
1. Introductions and News – Bob Shelley
A chance to understand who is in attendance and to share some recent sports information and news.
2. Returning to normal – Club representatives
An opportunity for us to share our different clubs and groups progress to a full return as we ease the pandemic restrictions. It would also be useful if we could understand what impact the pandemic is likely to have had on the longer term operation and survival of your club in our community.
3. Financial Support Options – Bob Shelley
Following Kevin Stewart’s excellent presentation at our March meeting I will summarise again the options available for financial support in recovery as we approach the closing period for some of the grants.
4. Any Other Business
Your chance to raise, share or discuss anything you want with our group, of a sporting nature.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom call information.
The groups that currently attend the meeting and a contact for each is shown below:
- Access All Sports – Caroline Halpin (07779 223421)
- Blackland Farm
- Blackland Farm – Guides – Martin Robinson
- CD Phoenix Netball – Jan Johnson
- Chartham Park Golf Club – Ben Knight
- Dunnings Squash and Racketball Club – Bob Shelley, Ian Smith, Michael Sparks
- East Grinstead Archery Club – Jake Wallace
- East Grinstead Athletics Club – Lester Medcalf, Eddie Vermeer
- East Grinstead Business Association – Stuart Scholes
- East Grinstead Boxing Club – Jacqui Russell
- East Grinstead Courier and Observer sports – Rob Warlow
- East Grinstead Cricket Club – Geoff Border
- East Grinstead Cycling Club – Paul Winkely
- East Grinstead Disability Access Group – Cliff Barrow
- East Grinstead Hockey Academy – Wendy Masters
- East Grinstead Hockey Club – Simon Longhurst and Richard Leman
- East Grinstead Lacrosse – Kevin Coster
- East Grinstead Lawn Bowls – Micky Bushell
- East Grinstead Meads Football Club – Steve Phillips and Neil Watts
- East Grinstead Netball League – Alison Armstrong
- East Grinstead Rugby Football Club – Rob Outen, Bob Russell (President), Gavin Gleave
- East Grinstead Sports Club – Richard Leman, Dave Brown
- East Grinstead Swimming Club – Mandy Brown and Mick Frost
- East Grinstead Target Shooting Club – Graham Rowcroft
- East Grinstead Tennis and Squash Club – Gareth Williams
- East Grinstead Town Council – Julie Holden (Clerk) Cllr Rex Whittaker (Chair)
- East Grinstead Town Football Club – Richard Tramontin and Brian McCorquodale
- East Grinstead Triathlon Club – Dave Watmore
- East Grinstead Youth Sport
- Estcots School – Helen Farren
- Estcots Tennis Club
- Felbridge Badminton – David Eves
- Felbridge Cricket – Graham Radford
- Freedom Leisure – Chris Markham and Holly Sutcliffe
- Hindleap Warren
- Imberhorne School – Steve Hill
- Meridian FM – Jacqui Russell
- MMJ Table Tennis Club – Andy Hayes
- Mid Sussex Conservative Association – Ginny Heard
- Mid Sussex District Council – Elaine Clarke, Simon Hardy
- Mid Sussex Active – Lorraine Everard
- Sackville School – Suzanne Currie
- Saint Hill Blues – Steve Love
- Southdown Netball Club – Elaine Coxall, Tony Steer
- Springfit Gymnastics and Trampoline Club – Adam Reynolds and Annabel Farley
- Places for People Leisure – Chris Markham
- Tennis – James Over
- Turners Hill School – Ollie Burcombe
- Wallis Basketball – Kris Favor
- Weir Wood Sailing Club – Mike Summers, Simon Davis
- West Sussex County Council – Sue Carmichael