Please follow these simple rules.
- Always pick up after your dog. It is everyone’s responsibility to keep the environment clean and tidy for all park users
- Collect poo in a bag and dispose of in any litter bin in the park or take it home.
- You can be FINED up to £1000 if you fail to clean up after your dog
Control & Respect
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times whilst in the Garden of Remembrance and the East Court Terraced Gardens
- Never let your dog damage trees shrubs, flower beds or other park features. Council maintenance teams and Volunteers spend a lot of time and money making East Court a beautiful place to be
- Dogs are not permitted in the children’s play area
- Respect other park users
- Be aware of what your dog is doing all of the time
- Ensure your dog is under close control when approaching the drive and car parks
- Please don’t let a dog chase or disturb any wildlife
- The number of dogs one person can take onto council owned parks is restricted to six
Other ways we can be responsible owners
- Dog walkers, as regular park users, help look after our open spaces by reporting any problems or damage in the park, collecting litter and help improve safety.
- Report a found or a lost dog
- If you find a dog bin which has not been emptied then please note the number painted on it before contacting Mid Sussex District Council using the online report a missing dog bin form.